Monday, January 31, 2011

Juvenile shot in the head with shotgun | Oregon City News

Juvenile shot in the head with shotgun | Oregon City News

a child was accidentally shot on my street tonight around 6pm. I went to get in my car and the news vans were pulling up. I walked up the street and a sheriff walked up to me and asked who I was. I said I was just a neighbor. I think he thought I was with the news people. I asked him what happened and he said there had been an accident. I asked if there was a website I could see updates on and he said this was an oregon city deal and he left. I thought how weird it is that I look important. I don't think I am, but people often mistake me as someone who is!
the other neighbors said a couple of teenaged boys and a long haul trucker and his wife lived there and they were nice people. we all wondered. the father was on his way to montana and has been notified and has turned around to head back here. life flight landed in the parking lot behind bimart!
another neighbor said it wasn't one of the kids that lived there that got shot, it was a neighbor kid. apparently the father had gone hunting so the gun had bird shot in it, not regular bullets! another neighbor told me she had just heard that he was alive and out of ICU already. the kids said the gun was leaning against the wall and fell over. shit.
scares me what happens so close to home. weird how we get pieces of the story from a variety of people. the police and the news are not the best source for the real news...

No comments:

Post a Comment